Privacy Statementfor Microsoft Azure Operated by 21Vianet
Microsoft Azure Operated by Shanghai Blue Cloud Technology Co., Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Beijing 21Vianet Broadband Data Center Co., Ltd. (“21Vianet, or “we”) is a cloud services platform based on Microsoft’s Azure technology but operated and sold by 21Vianet from data centers located in the People’s Republic of China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau Special Administrative Regions and Taiwan, referred to below as “China”). This notice applies to the use of those services and any other 21Vianet services that display or link to this notice. These services are referred to in this statement collectively as the "Services." For more information about the functionality of particular features, please review the service documentation available on the Azure Developer Center.
The Services may enable you to purchase, subscribe or use other products and services from 21Vianet or third parties with different privacy practices. Your use of other products and services, and any information you provide to a third party, is governed by their privacy statements and policies.
Notice to End Users: This privacy statement is written for the organization or company (our "customer") that contracts with 21Vianet for the Services. All references to "you" or "your" in this privacy statement are to 21Vianet customers, who in turn, may use the Services to develop and host their own services for end users. Any information 21Vianet collects or handles in such circumstances is processed by us on behalf of our customer, who controls the collection and use of the information. End users should direct privacy-related requests to the entity providing their service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of our customers.
Customer Data is all the data, including all text, sound, software or image files that you provide, or are provided on your behalf, to us through your use of the Services. For example, Customer Data includes data that you upload for storage or processing in the Services and applications that you or your end users upload for hosting in the Services. It does not include configuration, technical settings, or support ticket information.
We only use Customer Data to provide the Services. This may include troubleshooting aimed at preventing, detecting and repairing problems affecting the operation of the Services and the improvement of features that involve the detection of, and protection against, emerging and evolving threats to the user (such as malware or spam).
Customer Data will be stored only in data centers located in the China. In limited circumstances, 21Vianet may authorize one of its affiliates, suppliers or subcontractors located outside China to access Customer Data when necessary to troubleshoot customer support incidents or resolve technical issues. 21Vianet will supervise such access and terminate the access when the issue is resolved.
Administrator Data is the information about administrators (including account contact and subscription administrators) provided during sign-up, purchase, or administration of the Services, such as name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
We use Administrator Data to complete the transactions you request, administer your account, improve the Services and detect and prevent fraud.
We may contact you to provide information about new subscriptions, billing and important updates about the Services, including information about security or other technical issues. We may also contact you regarding third-party inquiries we receive regarding your use of the Services, as described in your customer agreement. You will not be able to unsubscribe from these communications. Subject to your contact preferences, you may also be contacted, by phone or e-mail, regarding information and offers about other products and services or to request your feedback.
You may manage your contact preferences or update your information in your account profile.
When you make online purchases, you will be asked to provide information, which may include your payment instrument number (e.g., AliPay), your name and billing address, and the security code associated with your payment instrument and other financial data ("Payment Data").
We use Payment Data to complete transactions, as well as for the detection and prevention of fraud.
When you provide Payment Data while authenticated, we will store that data to help you complete future transactions without your having to provide the information again. We do not, however, retain the security code associated with your Payment instrument in this manner.
To remove or modify Payment Data, please contact Customer Support. After you close your account or remove Payment Data, however, 21Vianet may retain your Payment Data for as long as reasonably necessary to complete your existing transaction and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
Cookies & Other Information
Some features of Azure may enable or require that you install local software (e.g., agents). This software may collect data from your local environment in order to provide the services that you have requested. Local agents may also collect telemetry information that will be sent to us (including our affiliates, suppliers or subcontractors) for operating and improving the Services. For more information about agents, please consult the relevant service documentation.
Sharing Your Information
We will not disclose Customer Data, Administrator Data, or Payment Data ("your information") outside of 21Vianet or its affiliates except as you direct, or as described in your agreement or this privacy statement, or pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
- We occasionally contract with other companies within or outside China to provide technology or services (such as customer support) on our behalf. We may provide these companies with access to your information where necessary for their engagement. These companies are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using it for any purpose other than that for which they are engaged by 21Vianet.
- If compelled to disclose Customer Data to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless legally prohibited. Should a third party contact us with a complaint about your use of the Services (for example, allegation of infringement by you or your End User), we may ask the third party to contact you directly and may provide your basic contact information to the third party.
- 21Vianet may share Administrator Data or Payment Data with third parties within or outside China for purposes of fraud prevention or to process payment transactions.
- The Services may enable you to purchase, subscribe to, or use services, software, and content from companies other than 21Vianet ("Third Party Offerings"). If you choose to purchase, subscribe to, or use a Third Party Offering, we may provide the third party with your Administrator Data or Payment Data to enable the third party to provide its offering to you (and subject to your contact preferences, send you promotional communications). That information and your use of a Third Party Offering will be governed by the applicable privacy statement and policies from the third party.
- We will not substantively respond to data protection and privacy requests from your end users without your prior written consent, unless required by applicable law.
Compliance with Law
You acknowledge that under Chinese regulations:
An Internet information service provider shall not produce, reproduce, publish, or disseminate information that includes the following content (“Prohibited Content”). Prohibited Content is content that:
- a) is against the basic principles determined by the Constitution;
- b) impairs national security, divulges State secrets, subverts State sovereignty or jeopardizes national unity;
- c) damages the reputation and interests of the State;
- d) incites ethnic hostility and ethnic discrimination or jeopardizes unity among ethnic groups;
- e) damages State religious policies or that advocates sects or feudal superstitions;
- f) disseminates rumors, disrupts the social order or damages social stability;
- g) disseminates obscenity, pornography, gambling, violence, homicide and terror, or that incites crime;
- h) insults or slanders others or that infringes their lawful rights and interests;
- i) is otherwise prohibited by laws or administrative regulations.
If an Internet information service provider discovers that information distributed on its website falls within the scope of the Prohibited Content, it shall promptly terminate the distribution, keep relevant records, and report to the relevant authorities.
You further agree:
If the business you operate by using the Services is subject to permit or approval by related governmental authorities, you should obtain such related permit or approval, including without limitation:
- a) if your website provides non-operational Internet information services, you should make the filing for the non-operational website with the governmental authority;
- b) if your website provides operational Internet information services, you should obtain the VAT permit for operational website from the governmental authority.
If you are an Internet information service provider using the Services, you should keep records of the information provided, time of publishing and the Internet address or domain name, and assist in providing such information when inquired by related government authorities in accordance with applicable laws.
- You will provide your real identity and contact information in registering for the Services and promptly update that information in the Portal if it changes. We will use this information to contact you as detailed in this Privacy Statement. You warrant that the information you provide is true, complete and valid, and you are wholly responsible for the consequences if it is not.
Azure preview, beta or other pre-release services ("Previews") are optional evaluation versions of the Services offered by 21Vianet to obtain customer feedback prior to general release. This section describes the different or additional terms specific to Previews:
- Administrator Data: We may contact you to obtain your feedback about the Preview or your interest in continuing to use it after general release.
- Customer Data: We may use Customer Data from Previews to improve the Preview, Services and related 21Vianet products and services.
- Security: Previews may employ lesser or different security measures than those typically present in the Services. Some Customer Data may be particularly sensitive to you or your organization, and hence may require a level of security that Previews do not provide.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update our privacy statements to reflect customer feedback and changes in our Services. When we post changes to a statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how 21Vianet will use your information, we will notify you either by posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review the privacy statements for the products and services you use to learn how 21Vianet is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
21Vianet welcomes your comments. If you believe that 21Vianet is not adhering to its privacy or security commitments, please contact us through Customer Support. Our mailing address is:
Shanghai Blue Cloud Technology Co., Ltd,
a wholly owned subsidiary of Beijing 21Vianet Broadband Data Center Co., Ltd.
5nd Floor, Tower 1, Shanghai Intellect Industry Park,
588 Jiyun Road, Baoshan District, Shanghai
Post code: 200431