- You can effortlessly expand by creating thousands of disks simultaneously in a few minutes
- Industry leading durability and availability, achieving simultaneous data replication of three distinct copies.
- Granular Access Control provides a high level of security
- Effortlessly migrate in a few minutes
- Many available Storage options
Many Storage options
If low-latency and high throughput are extremely important for production and sensitive workloads, choose Premium Managed Disks Solid State Disks (SSD). For economically efficient development and testing or non-crucial workloads, use cost effective Standard Managed Disks that rely on Hard Disk Drives (HDD).
You only need to restart once to effortlessly migrate a standard managed disk to an Premium Managed Disk, and you can migrate Azure Resource Manager virtual machines to Managed Disks. While keeping within previous maintenance intervals, effortlessly migrate the process completely in a few minutes.
Managed Disk backup is a periodic snapshot. Later you can create a new Managed Disk by taking a snapshot of an existing standalone source disk.
Custom image management
You can create a managed custom image from a virtual disk or a running virtual machine. Using a custom image in the same region you can create many Virtual Machines or a large scale set.
You can use Azure Disk Encryption to encrypt data through customer- or Microsoft-managed encryption keys.